Monday, January 28, 2008

My Life's Meaning

The one and only thing that matters to me is LOVE. Not only the romantic love between men and women, but, also the love for humanities.
How easily we are to buy into modern social values that are not conducive to one's happiness and development. Most of the people devote their lives in chasing the wrong things - big house, sports car and status. Money cannot heal a dying soul nor buy an experience that we have missed. So why not invest time on loving our family, friends and this beautiful nature?
In my opinion, family is my foundation, as the love and care that my family can give is supremely valuable. Unlike friends, family is there for me constantly. Being away from home all the time, I have learnt to cherish the precious time I have with my loved ones. I am so looking forward to my home trip during the coming Chinese New Year.
Have you "loved" your family today?


6 comments:

James said...

your post reminded me of this movie - "Click" by Adam Sandler last year. He obtained this mysterious remote control so he could fast forward his family routines and glitches in life so he could concentrate on chasing that CEO position at work. Time raced past him and before he knew it, he's already an old man on the verge of death.

chee hong said...

I think that people nowadays are pursuing wealth to replace the lack of love. Everybody is so busy to work, to study but not to love. Here's a part of the lyrics from black eyed peas showing how lack of love we as human are.

People killing people dying
Children hurtin’ an’ ya’ hear them crying
Can you practice what you preach?
An’ would you turn the other cheek?

Father Father Father help us
Send some guidance from above
Cause people got me got me questioning
Where is the love?

Maybe we should slow down our pace once a while to appreciate the ones around us.

Great post Felicia and have a great Chinese new year with your family. Gong Xi Fa Cai

Jason said...

yeah, I also think love is the most important thing for me... for us.
at this point, love is not only that kind of relationship between two people, but also a feeling, a kind of attitude toward our lives, and the world

just imagin a world full of "love"
then know what should we do

Sweetie said...

That makes me homesick...Being far away from home, I've become more concerned about my family.

Hanyun said...

It's love that makes the world go around.We live to love and love to live.I suppose today more and more people have got the same idea,especially the new generation.That's nice really.Enjoy your life and enjoy the most wonderful feeling in the world^^

Li Yuanlong said...

Love is very important.Friendship is also a need for our life. Everyone has different goals to achieve, so it is hard to say.