Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Difficulties I Face in Writing

It is always been my dream to be able to speak and write English well. Due to the learning environment I was exposed to in Primary and Secondary education, I hardly use English in my daily conversations with people.

One of the difficulties I have in writing is vocabulary. I seem to have limited word bank in my brain. Most of the time, I find it difficult to come up with new words in my writing. Instead, I keep having to repeat the same words.

The only way to improve my vocabulary is by reading. Thus, I have subscribed to Time Magazine and Fortune last year. Each week, I force myself to read up the magazines and jot down any unfamiliar words. In the evening, I will look up the dictionary and check for their meanings. Also, I try to infuse these words into my writing and conversation. Hopefully by using them frequent enough, my vocabulary can be improved.

Although the module EG1471 has came to an end, the journey in English learning has just started for me. Thank you Miss Dara for your devotion in making the learning process a fun yet effective one. Also, thank you my fellow classmates for the memorable days you had brought to me. Let's keep on exploring and learning English, and not forgetting to make our Earth a better place to live on.

1 comment:

Rikou Tay said...

Facing same problem here >"<

"vocabulary" ~~~~

It is great you have the enthusiasm to read more and try to learn more vocabulary. Keeps it on. Hope we all can improve our weakness soon ^^